The MIC Kaushal is a very effective vocational training programme, helping many students to sharpen their skills.
Eligibility for Admission
- Eligibility for admissions and reservation of seats for B.Voc Degree Programme shall be according to the rules framed by the University/ College from time to time.
- No student shall be eligible for admission to a B.Voc Degree Programme in any of the discipline unless he/she has successfully completed the examination conducted by a Board/University at the +2 level of schooling or its equivalent.
Regulations Regarding Admission
1) Any candidate who desires to obtain admission in Mar Ivanios College for the B.Voc Degree Programme should compulsorily apply to the College in the prescribed form before the closure of registration, irrespective of the category (General/SEBC/ BPL/SC/ST/ Community /Management / Candidates from Union Territory of Lakshadweep/Jammu and Kashmir/Tamil Linguistic Minority/Inmates of Government Children’s Home / Differently abled persons / widows /wards of Armed Forces Personnel, killed or disabled in action during peace time/ Sports etc.) to which he/ shebelongs.
2) Candidates seeking admission through Management quota to a Programme in the college should apply in the separate prescribed form that can be obtained from the college office, along with the general application form.
3) Malankara Syrian Catholic students, who wish to be considered for Community Merit Quota should attach letter from the Parish Priest along with the application.
4) While making enquiries, please quote application number, name of applicant and programme applied for.
5) Candidates provisionally selected for admission for all programmes should appear for an interview at the Principal’s office. Selection will be finalized only after the interview. The Principal reserves the right to refuse admission to any applicant, without assigning reason.
6) The applicant at the time of the interview must be accompanied by his/her parent(s) and should produce the following documents:
(a) The memo card received.
(b) The transfer certificate in original.
(c) The original Pass certificate and mark list of the qualifying examination.
(d) Candidates from Universities/Boards other than Kerala should produce Migration Certificate and Eligibility Certificate in the case of candidates other than Kerala HSC/VHSC, CBSE & ISC. attended. Malankara Syrian Catholic students should produce Character and Catechism certificates from their parish priest.
(e)Certificate of character and conduct from the Head of the Institution last
(f) Four copies of recent passport size photograph.
(g) S.C./ S.T./ O.E.C. candidates should produce recent (with one year validity) community certificate from the Tahsildar and O.B.C. candidates should produce community and income certificates from the Village Officer.
7) Those who are granted admission should pay the fee immediately. The amount to be paid at the time of enrolment is shown in the Fee Schedule.
8) Those who would like to apply for more than one Post Graduate Programme should use separate application forms.
9) Seats are reserved for outstanding performers in the field of sports and for differently abled persons as per University regulations.
10) Parents or guardians of the admitted candidates are expected to join the Parent Teacher Association of the College.
11) All candidates for admission must acquaint themselves with the rules and regulations of Mar Ivanios College and will be bound by them, if admitted.